Vaga de emprego na WavEC: Chefe de Tecnologias e Monitorização
Closing date: 24 May 2019
Contact Person: Ana Brito e Melo
Salary: Gross salary range of € 50,000 to € 55,000/year depending on experience
WavEC Offshore Renewables is seeking to appoint a senior engineer to take the leadership of the Technology and Monitoring team. WavEC is an R&D-based consulting non-profit company dedicated to the development and promotion of marine renewable energy technologies (including wave energy and offshore wind), and ocean engineering solutions for other ocean economy sectors (such as offshore aquaculture and floating solar energy).
WavEC has a multidisciplinary team of over 20 specialists coupling different areas of the innovation process related to the development of emerging technologies, such as complex systems’ engineering, environmental monitoring and impact assessment, site and project development, instrumentation and data acquisition, strategy & policy advise, offshore logistics and infrastructures and training. WavEC is a reference institution in Europe for marine renewable energy, with significant work at an international level, which allowed the creation of a network of more than one hundred international partners and providing services across the globe. Around 60% of WavEC activities are undertaken as R&D projects, mainly European funded projects, and 40% under services rendered to companies in Portugal (35%) and beyond (65%).
WavEC is structured in four technical areas, each of one coordinated by a senior staff member: i) Environmental and Public Policies, ii) Economy and Industry, iii) Numerical Modelling and iv) Technology and Monitoring. The successful candidate will take the leadership of the Technology and Monitoring area, in line with the strategy of WavEC, while assuring the interaction with the other areas.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to integrate a very dynamic company with a wide exposition to R&D projects, product development and services to industry, in a very international framework, working in a large range of subjects and significant freedom to lead the development of the area.
We are looking for a senior professional motivated to work with new, innovative technologies in the ocean (marine renewable energy, offshore aquaculture, underwater robotics, ocean engineering solutions), in the scope of R&D funded projects, product development and consulting services for national and international clients.
The candidate must be able to work on a team, assuming the leadership of the team, and have excellent planning and management skills. The candidate must be confident to represent WavEC at a senior level, with a proactive interaction with current clients, prospective clients and partners and identify opportunities for new activities.
1- Coordination of a team of ca. 8-10 people who undertake research projects and consulting services in technology and monitoring. This involves the planning, monitoring and quality control of the technical and scientific activities and, as well, building the required capacity of the team for present and future activities. (15%)
2- Engaging and building relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders in Europe and beyond to identify opportunities for new services and R&D projects, as well as promoting new partnerships. This involves participation in networking activities and public events on behalf of WavEC. (10%)
3- Working within a team to develop proposals for R&D projects and for specialized services at national, European and international levels. (15%)
4- Undertaking work as part of a team in contribution to diverse national, European and international projects and specialized services for clients. This involves overcoming problems in the development of new approaches and be proactive in interacting with the other areas to share data and ideas. (50%)
5- Reporting on the progress of work of the team, to propose and discuss new ideas and lines of research and services in regular internal management meetings and to contribute to long-term strategic planning and development of WavEC activities, in discussion with the Board of Directors and other scientific senior staff. (10%)
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A master’s degree in engineering (mechanical, naval, civil or electrotechnical) or a related discipline;
- 6+years of professional experience;
- Firm understanding of the energy sector;
- Experience on team management with good leadership skills;
- Experience in preparing proposals and managing projects funded by the European Commission and/or other national and international institutions;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with a team work attitude;
- Versatile and open minded with great level of autonomy and organization;
- Proficiency in English;
- Highly motivated, guided by excellence, innovation and ambition.
- PhD degree or equivalent;
- Proven experience on customer relationship management;
- Good knowledge of the marine renewable energy landscape;
- Experience in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Subsea or Electro-technical engineering;
- Experience in laboratory experiments (wave tank) and field work;
- Knowledge of electromechanical systems and sensors.
- Hunger to learn new subjects and enter in new business sectors (e.g. offshore aquaculture), being capable of implementing business plans for new markets sectors and geographic regions;
- Good presentation skills and capacity to discuss a vast list of topics on a high-level analysis;
- Capable of working in a team environment, versatile and open minded with great level of autonomy and organization;
- Innovative/creative and with a solution-oriented attitude, looking for continuous quality improvement;
- Hands-on-work attitude, with know-how and work capacity to cover different stages of a demonstration project (from project design, procurement, manufacture, installation, exploitation and decommissioning);
- Able to react flexibly and timely to unexpected demands to ensure implementation of ongoing funded projects and short-term services.
A letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae should be submitted by E-mail to email@example.com. You will receive a notification confirming your submission.
Closing date is 5pm GMT on 24 May 2019.
Informal enquires to Ana Brito Melo, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) are welcome.
We inform that your personal data will be used only in the aim of this job vacancy with reference 2019April_Technologies&Monitoring.
WavEC -Offshore Renewables
Rua Dom Jerónimo Osório, n.º 11, 1º andar
1400 – 119, Lisboa